Four Simple Steps To Follow. While Importing Your Vehicle Into The UAE
If you are a citizen from the UAE coming back to your country or a foreign national settling in the UAE, getting your vehicle into the UAE can feel rather overwhelming at first. The various options available to do this and knowing where to start can be quite difficult especially since UAE’s rules on importing vehicles aren’t that flexible. To make the process of relocating your vehicles to the UAE easier, here’s a list of the procedures you can follow.
- Get your documentation in check
- Bill of Lading- This is a document issued by a carrier on the details of the good that is being carried.
- Commercial Invoice- This is a legal document between a buyer and seller. It serves as evidence for transactions.
- Certificate of Origin– This is a certificate that declares a good is obtained, processed, and manufactured in a particular country.
- Packing List of Imported Goods– This gives information about the goods that are being imported. Its weight, dimensions, etc.
- 5. Delivery Order– This is the order given by the carrier to the party to take delivery of goods
- Copy of Passport– keep the copy of the passport of the owner of the vehicle ready.
- Residence Visa– Make sure to keep a copy of the residence visa that has been issued to the owner.
- Drivers License– A copy of the owner’s driving license is required during various applications. If the owner is a license holder from the US or western European countries, this can be exempted.
- Getting Your Vehicle
- Vehicle Testing
- Insurance and Registration